Puff pastry with scrambled eggs
Posted on February 18 2021
- 3 frozen puff pastry sheets
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 6 eggs
- ½ bunch chives
- Rice or peas for weighing down the pastry
- Cut circles in the puff pastry using a 9 cm biscuit cutter and then press into the muffin moulds. Prick the bottoms with a fork.
- Cut the baking paper to size, place onto each puff pastry cup and weigh down with rice or peas. Brush the rims of the puff pastry with the egg yolk.
- Bake the weighed-down puff pastry cups blind at 180 °C for about 10-15 minutes.
- Cut 12 bunny ears out of the rest of the puff pastry using leaf-like biscuit cutters and brush with egg yolk. Place the ears onto a baking tray lined with baking paper and bake until golden brown.
- Whisk the 6 eggs with 2 tablespoons of milk, salt and pepper. Add the egg mixture to a frying pan and quickly thicken over a medium heat. Then slowly stir with a spatula until everything has thickened.
- Remove the rice and baking paper from the muffin moulds, fill with the scrambled eggs, place the bunny ears onto the scrambled eggs and sprinkle with the chives.